Dishes from Around the World

 Dishes from Around the World


Curry (Indian)


Curry is an interesting dish full of flavor and with usually a vibrant color and overall, a delicious and amazing dish. I have only had Indian curry about three times in my life, but each time I have it, I want it more and more. Indian curry is like a buttery and creamy soup with thick chunks of meat, usually consisting of pork or chicken and also has coconut milk and cream added to it to make it more flavorful and thick. 

Story

A story of the time I had curry was when my sister still lived with me and my mother. I come home to the smell of something delicious, something I have never smelled before up until that point. It was like heaven when I walked into the house. I then walked into the kitchen and see this pan full of this orange like soup. I asked my sister what she had made, she tells me it is Indian curry. I have never heard of Indian curry up until my sister said something about it. She let me try a spoon full of it before letting it simmer for another few hours. The first bite was like I had put a beautiful cloud inside my mouth, it was honestly one of the best things I had ever had. That night I had like three bowls of the curry along with white rice.

Presentation

Indian curry can be presented anyway you would want it. It can be served with white rice, brown rice, naan bread or garlic naan bread, or can be served by itself. It can be garnished with basil, thyme, rosemary, dill, cilantro, or parsley. My personal favorite is adding red onion rings (not the battered kind) on top along with cilantro and basil because I am addicted to cilantro and basil. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dishes from Around the World

Dishes From Around the World

Dishes from Around the World